We at Faith Lutheran Church firmly believe the great doctrines of historic Christianity as they are revealed in the Bible. A brief summary is as follows:
1) We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 'All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching the truth, rebuking error, correcting faults, and giving instruction for right living, so that the man who serves God may be fully qualified and equipped to do every kind of good work.'
2) We believe that all have sinned and that sin separates us from God.
Romans 3:23 'For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.'
3) We believe that Jesus Christ bore the punishment of our sin and reconciled us with God.
l Peter 3:18 "For Christ died for your sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.'
4) We believe that those who reject or ignore Jesus Christ will suffer in eternal separation from God, while those who believe and love Him will live forever in heaven.
John 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God rests on him.'
5) We believe that God is a Triune God, that is, one God but three distinct persons as He reveals Himself in scripture.
John 14:11 'Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me...' and
John 14:16-17 'I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, the Spirit of truth, to stay with you forever. . .'
6) We believe the Christian demonstrates faithful living by worshiping with others and by reading and studying God's Word.
Hebrews 10:25 'Let us not give up the habit of meeting together, as some are doing. Instead, let us encourage one another, all the more since you see that the Day of the Lord is coming near.'